Well, it’s officially the weekend! Time for relaxation, fun, and of course…lots of food!
So, my friend’s been requesting this dish for a while now – it’s one of his favorites! Be warned though – this is definitely a dish to avoid if you want to be healthy! I googled several recipes for settling on one. I modified it just a tad! It turned out okay – a bit bland though. Next time I’ll try substituting the garlic powder for a bit of fresh minced garlic (put in the melted butter). I’d also add some cooked broccoli + chicken at the last step (when you add the cheese) to make the dish that much better 🙂 I would also add a bit more cheese.
Overall, it was a bit too bland/tasteless. Honestly, it felt like I was just eating plain noodles with some milk. If something’s going to be that many calories, it better taste pretty amazing! I’ll keep looking for a fantastic alfredo recipe 🙂
Note: Sorry for picture qualities! I’ve been taking pictures with my iPad – it’s a temporary thing, don’t worry! 😀 I’ve been searching for a good, not-too-expensive (sub $300, preferably around the $200 and under mark) digital camera – any suggestions? 🙂
Recipe courtesy of Food.com
Difficulty Level: Easy
Total Time: 25 minutes (Prep Time=0 minutes, Cook Time=25 minutes)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 pint half and half
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 2/3 grated parmesan cheese (I ended up using just a tiny bit more than that)
1) In a large saucepan, melt butter
2) When butter is melted, add the 2 tablespoons cream cheese
3) When the cream cheese softens + is easily spread, add the half and half.
4) Season to taste with garlic powder, salt, pepper
5) Simmer for 15-25 minutes over low heat (I ended up doing 25 minutes so the sauce would thicken enough). Stir constantly (I stirred for about 30 seconds every 3-5 minutes)
6) Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese
7) Serve over hot fettuccine noodles