I almost didn’t post this, considering my complete mess ups and the meatloaf’s completely
unphotogenic qualities unique appearance. So I threw an overlay on top. Yay for rainbow-bubbled meatloaf! Not.
I suppose I had mentally prepared myself for this moment.
I mean, in my journey towards kitchen proficiency..this was bound to happen.
Yes, dear readers – it finally happened.
I completely bungled up a recipe. Sigh.
But it turned out alright, considering that I completely forgot the egg and tomatoes. I mean – those are major ingredients! How did I forget them? Arghh. And I wondered why the meatloaf was so crumbly!
I suppose I can only speculate what it should have tasted like – probably fantastic. The sauce was alright – a little sweet though. The meat was decent, and the bits of vegetables were a pleasant addition. The recipe is from Food Network. Try making it – the correct way with egg + the canned tomatoes!
The recipe makes around 4-5 servings
Difficulty Level: Easy
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min (Prep Time=10 min, Cook Time=1 hr)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup ketchup (I used a bit more than that)
- 1 1/3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1) Preheat oven to 375˚ F. Prepare all ingredients.
2) Mix until combined (don’t over mix – this results in a tough meatloaf)
3) Put ingredients in a baking dish and shape into a loaf
4) Prepare the sauce and put it on the loaf
5) Bake for 1 hour, or until internal temperature of meat is 160˚F