So, earlier today I walked (as usual) to the pantry, searching for stuff to eat. I hadn’t gone to the supermarket in a while; thus, my pantry was barren. Not even a jar of tomato sauce nor bread. Nothing. Nada. Zippo.
However, after rummaging a bit in the dark recesses of the pantry, I found a box of (still good!) rotini pasta. When I went to my fridge, I found some milk, cream cheese, grated parmesan cheese, and leftover chicken from yesterday’s chicken tenders. So, off to google I went, searching for a suitable recipe. After clicking on several links, I finally settled on a mixture of a couple of recipes. Thinking of my last alfredo experience, I decided to add some color (in the form of vegetables). Of course, there was not a broccoli to be seen. But I did have some carrots! So I decided to add that. It was a bit odd (broccoli would have been better), but still yummy!
This recipe is very garlicy, though. Seriously. You will not smell nice. But, personally I like garlic – so it was a nice touch to what would have been an otherwise-bland dish! 🙂 Overall, it was a success. I quite enjoyed it 😀
Recipe adapted from All Recipes.
Rating – 7.5/10
Difficulty Level – Easy
Total Time: 20 min (Prep Time=8 min, Cook Time=12 min)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese (around 2 cups)
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 sliced + cooked chicken breasts
- 1 box (16 oz) pasta of choice (I chose rotini)
1) Cook pasta according to directions (add carrots into boiling water while pasta cooks)
2) While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic.
3) Add cream cheese, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
4) Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Add the chicken and stir until fully coated with sauce.
5) Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. Toss with hot pasta to serve.