I feel like a lot of the recipes I’ve blogged have had simple names.
Anyway, it’s about time for some savory! I was getting a bit tired of the nonstop sweets! Wow. I never thought I’d say that…
These meatballs were okay. They were a bit plain…but other than that they were decent. They made a nice addition to an otherwise plain meal of spaghetti and -gasp- jar sauce. Yeah, yeah. Sacrilege and all that. But I’m a bit lazy, and I think it tastes pretty good 🙂 Plus…I don’t think I’m ready yet for the esteemed meat sauce.
This recipe only has four steps. Seriously. And one of those steps is preheating the oven. All you need to do is combine them, mix ’em, and form spheres. Super easy!
I still have yet to get breadcrumbs, so I used dried oats. I highly suggest using breadcrumbs – those will add that much-needed spice and will probably transform this recipe 🙂
Recipe from Food Network.
Rating – 7/10
Difficulty Level – Easy
Total Time – 30 min (Prep Time=15 min, Cook Time=15 min)
- 1 1/4 pounds ground sirloin
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
1) Preheat oven to 425˚F
2) Mix beef and Worcestershire, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
3) Roll meat into 1 1/2 inch medium-sized meatballs and place on nonstick cookie sheet or a cookie sheet greased with extra-virgin olive oil.
4) Bake balls 12 to 15 minutes, until no longer pink.